27 January 2010

Cringe-tastic


Does this ever happen to you? You're sailing along in your day and suddenly - CRINGE - you remember something you should have done/did/never got around to and it's embarrassing and horrible and the more time goes on, the harder it is to make it up? I do, seemingly daily. It's this huge mantle of shame and guilt and I'm getting pretty tired of lugging it around. I'm ready for some atonement, without the Intervention and rehab. So part of my 2010 plan is The Cringe List. I made one, squirming all the while. I'm not feeling free and easy enough to add the actual items to the Interwebs but I will keep a running tally of Cringe Items Completed. 
Today, my CIC is 2. 
I feel better already.

4 comments:

librarianista said...

All the time. All. the. time. Most of my Cring List consists of unsent cards--birthday, thank-you, etc. Every time I think about them, I want to die, but the more time passes, the more impossible it seems to send them, and the cycle continues.

You, on the other hand, are insanely thoughtful and I find it hard to believe you have a CL at all. Probably you should just rip it up and tell people to suck it.

librarianista said...

Uh, Cringe List. With an E. Geez.

arajane said...

wow, you have defined my very existence. i must spend the majority of my day feeling horrified at something or other i didn't do or say. ugh.

i think the cringe list a a truly wonderful idea. sadly, something i am probably not emotionally capable of handling yet. you have my utmost respect and admiration for tackling this.

Marigoldie said...

I want to know what kind of items are on your list. Because this is already making me feel less alone.